It’s been a few months since I became a vegetarian. There are many reasons I made this decision, but I admit it had a lot to do with my (TMI) procedure. I have tons of reasons that I could list as to why you SHOULD become a vegetarian, but I thought I’d have a little fun and make this list first.
Top 10 Reasons NOT to be a Vegetarian
1. Fast food is rarely an option. Even the broccoli cheddar soup from Panera has chicken meat in it. Eating anything other than fries or a salad at McD’s is not really possible, unless you want a cheeseburger without the burger.
2. People who’ve heard you’re a vegetarian expect you to be really thin when they meet you. Yeah, not so much.
3. Some people think you’re either depriving or abusing your child. Your friends will tease them, and try to offer them meat on a regular basis – knowing that they can’t eat it.
4. When you smell/see meat you may get queasy. I still love the smell of a steak, but looking at it makes me want to gag. We went to Taco Bell the other night, and when we walked in my 10 year old got sick because it smelled like meat (if you can call that crap meat?).
5. Your friends expect you to like all vegetables. I hate cauliflower, peas, and carrots.
6. Some assume that being vegetarian means you don’t do anything unhealthy, like eat chocolate or french fries, so when you do those things, they act shocked. (See #2!)
7. Having to answer “Are you sure you don’t want a bite of this?” when someone is eating a steak in front of you. (See #4)
8. “So when are you going to start eating meat again?” <<< I answer this question at least once a week. Sometimes from the same people. Or “Your kids NEED protein.” (See pic above)
9. People will try to feed you fish. “Some vegetarians eat fish!” Ew. I didn’t like fish even before I went veg.
10. Finding something to eat at a restaurant, falling in love with it, only to see a little * by it. You look down at the bottom of the menu and * says “contains meat”. (See #1)