If you check out my recipes, you will see that the pictures are okay but not great. I put more effort into making (and eating) the food than I do into taking the pictures. However, I submitted one of my recipes to Food Gawker and I don’t think it will be accepted. Why? Because they require AWESOME pictures. So, here are a few sites they recommend for tips. I’m going to check them out and when I can actually eat real food again I will try it. Or maybe for my HCG post today I’ll take a picture of the pathetic little salad I get to eat.
- Control the Light - Food Blog Forum
- Cropping & Orientation - Taylor Takes a Taste
- Photography Howto - Junglefrog Cooking - Composition and Angle
- Pioneer Woman Photography - Photography and Photoshop tips
- Food Photo 101 - Nikas Culinaria
- Food Styling and Photography at BlogHer Conference - La Tartine Gourmande
- Photography on Simply Recipes - more great links at the bottom of the post
- Photography Tips - Use Real Butter keeping it real
- Food Photography Tips - 101 Cookbooks
- Still Life With… - great blog with “little nuggets from the front lines of food styling and photography”
- Food Photography – An Introduction - Digital Photography School
Do you have any photography tips for me?